Dynamic software systems ranging from mobile apps to enterprise-wide business intelligence tools
Greane Tree Technology is a vital part of the tech renaissance in Troy, NY, a city whose nineteenth century architecture houses twenty-first century innovators. Greane Tree Technology has clients in Tech Valley, New York City, and nationwide. We are a custom software development shop committed to clean code and Agile practices. Software development feeds our intellectual curiosity and fuels our creativity. Our team is bright, funny, thoughtful, and adventurous. We enjoy sharing knowledge and have a thirst for solving complex technical challenges. We hope you will join us.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Greane Tree Technology is a fast-paced environment with multiple projects in development concurrently. We follow the Agile methodology to deliver quality products on time and within budget.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 1-2 yrs experience with Ruby on Rails, or
- Demonstrated aptitude in software development and a willingness to serve an apprentice period by mutual agreement
- Excellent communication skills, as well as ability to work effectively on teams
- Ability to complete tasks on time and within budget
- Solid understanding and/or experience of Object Oriented Programming and Design concepts
- Solid understanding and/or experience of Relational Database concepts
- It is desirable, but not required, for the candidate to have experience with:
- Java SDK / Eclipse IDE, or .NET Framework / Visual Studio 2008 IDE
- MySQL command line client or MS SQL Server Management Studio
The successful candidate will assist in the development of ongoing and new software application projects, which may include:
- OO programming © design; Agile environment; Exp w/ TDD, BDD, MVC
- Using MySQL or MS SQL Server Relational Database Management System as a persistence store
- Designing a schema designed for OLTP given a particular domain model
- Creating SQL scripts to maintain said schema
- Using an Object Oriented Programming Language to perform CRUD operations
- Developing a software tool to ETL data from disparate sources
- Performing analytics on gathered data and providing reporting mechanisms
- Writing specifications and documentation
To be considered for this position, please send a letter of introduction, your qualifications, names of references, and samples of code or URLs that you have completed to alaneseyATgreanetreeDOTcom.